The CMS Slack space is accessible via the web here
, or via a Slack app interface using the url "https://caltech-cms.slack.com/". You will need to be invited to the CMS Slack space to use it.
To request an invite, contact the administrative assistant supporting your research group and ask them to send an authorization request to the technical staff.
The current channel space on CMS Slack is:
- #adminstaff - reserved for CMS administrative personnel for general discussion
- #askanadmin - open channel for information requests from anyone on the administrative staff
- #events - information regarding department events
- #grads - reserved for CMS graduate students for general discussion
- #grantmgrs - reserved for Caltech grant managers handling CMS faculty, for general discussion
- #hpc - open channel for anyone using a compute node in CMS, general questions about Singularity, etc.
- #instructors - reserved for instructors of CMS classes, for general discussion
- #moatm - "music on at the moment", share your musical tastes with channel subscribers
- #nightwatch - closed channel for coordination of after hours issues, staff only
- #random - general nonsense and blatherings
- #systems - reserved channel for technical staff
- #faculty - reserved channel for CMS and affiliated facutly